FACILITATE A DONATION DRIVE! Please call before dropping off items.
CLOTHING/SHOES – We have a clothing closet at our Day Center. We invite you to donate gently used or new clothing and shoes in good condition. We encourage the following items:
- Brand new underwear
- Waterproof shoes
- Unisex sweatpants and sweatshirts
- Men’s clothing
- Women’s bras
- New socks
WELCOME BASKETS – Our newly housed friends are in need of the basic essentials upon move-in! Put these items in a laundry basket and bring it to our Day Center for us to pass along:
- Toilet paper, plunger, and hand soap
- Shower curtain, hooks, and mat
- Shampoo, conditioner, and body wash
- Body, hand, and face towel
- Laundry detergent
- Paper towels
- Dish soap and sponge
- Paper or plastic dishware and utensils
HYGIENE KITS – Hygiene items are always in demand. Put some of these items in bags to pass out or donate to our Day Center for us to give away. Travel-sized items are best.
- Body wipes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Dental Floss
- Hand sanitizer
- Dry shampoo
- Tampons or pads
- Nail clippers
- Shaving cream, razor, and small mirror
- Foot powder or baby powder
GROCERIES – Our Day Center serves two warm meals every day. Please call us and see what groceries we need! Here is a list of food we generally always need and use.
- Frozen chicken
- Ground beef
- Shredded Cheese
- Lunch meat
- Soft granola bars
- Frozen vegetables
- Cream of mushroom
- Spaghetti sauce
- Elbow pasta
- Pancake Mix
- Hot cups, paper dishware, plastic utensils
Become an Honorary Outreach Team Member
Do you ever see individuals experiencing homelessness while you are driving? Make “You are Loved” Bags to distribute when you do! Many of our friends need to be reminded that they matter and that they are loved. We invite you to print and cut out our “You are Loved” and “Connect to Services” cards. Put these along with some of the following items in bags to distribute: food, gift cards to grocery stores/fast food joints, hygiene items, and a reusable water bottle.
Volunteer with us!
“No one is more cherished in this world than someone who lightens the burden of another”
~ Joseph Addison
One of the best ways to create positive change is by volunteering!
We have several opportunities for volunteers.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Client Facing Opportunities: (Must be 18 or older)
- Day Center Volunteer: Help create a welcoming environment and build relationships with guests during our day center hours
- Employment Volunteer: Support clients in their job searches and in developing their job skills.
- Day Space Front Desk: When our office is open to the public, receptionist volunteers are there to greet clients, donors, and visitors in a friendly, professional manner.
- Keep Us Organized: Volunteers are needed to help us keep our resource shed tidy and our pantry
- Food Volunteer: During day center hours a meal is served for 40-60 people. We rely on generous volunteer support to provide these meals and to interact with the guest by serving the meal.
Behind the Scenes Opportunities: (Minors with prior permission only)
- Resource Inventory and Organization
- Administrative Support
- Facility and Grounds Improvement: A few times throughout the year, we have groups come out to help us with projects around the office or drop-in center to paint walls, organize resources, perform yard work, and more.
- Fundraising Support
If you’re interested in volunteering, please contact us via email at email@example.com